What is meant by “SEO Content”?
Wiki defines web content:
“..any creative work, such as text, graphics, images or video..
“Content is King” is a current meme when organizing or building a website, text content is particularly important for search engine placement
Without original text content, most search engines will be unable to match search terms to the content of a site”
SEO Content is therefore the application of SEO Techniques to your content to enhance it’s search engine performance, whether it is ultimately superior or not will be only proven over time, against your competition in the search engines.
Superior SEO Content must encompass all of the qualities listed below to truly earn it’s accolade.
- It must be original and unique.
- It must be well written, engaging, and read well to humans
- It must be well structured and contain your target keywords & phrases
- It should cover as many of the semantic variations of the phrases as possible
- It should be linkworthy (people want to link to you)
- It should rank well, and convert visitors.
Thankfully producing superior SEO content is not a “one-off” process and lends itself to ongoing tweaks and changes over time to produce the best results.