“Superior” .. what does it actually mean in SEO terms?
Obviously, as well as the primary “glory terms” a truly superior seo website must also rank for all the other ways of saying the same thing, ie:
- search engine optimization
- search engine services
- web design / services
- internet marketing company / services
- online marketing / services
Superiors are given, sometimes supreme, authority over others in the control. When an order is given one must follow that order and obey it or punishment may be issued.
The mention of “hierarchy” & “structures” is not insignificant here because this is how you must arrange and treat the information on the site, because this is how search engines are programmed to expect your site to be structured, and when you meet their expectations they reward you with superior rankings.
And from Answers.com – superior the ones we especially like are highlighted
Dictionary - su·pe·ri·or/ səˈpi(ə)rēər/
- Higher than another in rank, station, or authority:
- Of a higher nature or kind.
- Of great value or excellence; extraordinary.
- Greater in number or amount than another: an army defeated by superior numbers of enemy troops, [or superior military techniques ]
- Affecting an attitude of disdain or conceit; haughty and supercilious.
- Above being affected or influenced; indifferent or immune: Trust magnates were superior to law (Gustavus Myers).
- Located higher than another; upper.
- Botany. Inserted or situated above the perianth. Used of an ovary.
- Printing. Set above the main line of type.
- Logic. Of wider or more comprehensive application; generic. Used of a term or proposition.
- One that surpasses another in rank or quality.
- Ecclesiastical. The head of a religious community, such as a monastery, abbey, or convent.
- Printing. A superior character, as the number 2 in x2.
Obviously truly superior SEO implies being above your competitors looking down, with the ability to punish their business bottom line by selling to their customers before they do.
Superior SEO is only the means to the end, the end-goal is Superior ROI,
thus the equation can be expressed:
Better rankings + Better conversion rate = Superior SEO
Superior SEO + Time = Better Bank Account.